X-Riak-Vclock, unexplained errors

Ken Sedgwick ksedgwic at bonsai.com
Sat Jan 9 19:52:51 EST 2010

On 01/06/2010 06:11 AM, Justin Sheehy wrote:

> First, I strongly suggest that you use the "raw" HTTP interface
> instead of Jiak.  Though Jiak has been around longer and is a bit more
> documented, they work almost exactly the same with the following
> differences:

Justin, Bryan,

Thanks for the advice!  I changed my program to use the "raw" interface
and am successfully using the X-Riak-Vclock header now.

Unfortunately I'm still seeing errors after the program runs for a
little while.  They seem to occur in batches of half a dozen or so every
few seconds.  The program is successfully doing many other requests in
the same time frame.

I'm having a little trouble interpreting these errors.  Here is a sample:

=ERROR REPORT==== 9-Jan-2010::16:34:42 ===
webmachine error: path="/raw/pudd/c11b000000000000"
[{webmachine_decision_core,'-decision/1-lc$^1/1-1-',
      [{error,
           {error,
               {case_clause,{error,timeout}},
               [{raw_http_resource,content_types_provided,2},
                {webmachine_resource,resource_call,3},
                {webmachine_resource,do,3},
                {webmachine_decision_core,resource_call,1},
                {webmachine_decision_core,decision,1},
                {webmachine_decision_core,handle_request,2},
                {webmachine_mochiweb,loop,1},
                {mochiweb_http,headers,5}]}}]},
  {webmachine_decision_core,decision,1},
  {webmachine_decision_core,handle_request,2},
  {webmachine_mochiweb,loop,1},
  {mochiweb_http,headers,5},
  {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]

Is this a timeout?  Any ideas what I should be looking for?

Ken

--
Ken Sedgwick
Bonsai Software, Inc.
ken+5a4 at bonsai.com
Public Key: http://www.bonsai.com/ken/ken.asc
GPG Fingerprint: 851E 3B07 E586 0843 9434  5CC7 4033 3B9B 3F3F 9640