Newbie: Compile Error

Bryan Fink bryan at basho.com
Tue Jan 19 09:41:36 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 4:36 AM, Madireddy Samuel Vijaykumar
<mad.vijay at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Bryan,
>
> Yes not the test passes and I am able create buckets, keys and all that riak
> was built for.

Hooray!  I've also just committed a patch to the riak-admin script,
which really solves the problem by learning the proper way to specify
a node name by copying the format of the -name parameter in
etc/vm.args.  You should be able to revert your change and pull down
the latest version from hg.basho.com/riak.

> But, the riak seems have bound itself to the loopback address how do i make
> make i bind it my LAN ip?

If you're talking about the http interface, over which your
application will probably talk to riak, edit the 'riak_web_ip' setting
in etc/app.config.  Either your external IP or "0.0.0.0" should work.

If you're talking about the erlang interface, which Riak cluster nodes
use to connect to each other, change the IP address after the '@' in
the -name parameter of etc/vm.args.

-Bryan