Newbie: Compile Error

Bryan Fink bryan at basho.com
Wed Jan 20 09:18:02 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 6:01 AM, Madireddy Samuel Vijaykumar
<mad.vijay at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Bryan,
>
> Call me luck or what :). I have managed to setup a riak cluster successfully
> and was able to add, and test the failover :)
>
> But I was trying some curl calls out and I and not able get the ouput
> without any error. Here is what  i get.
>
> riak2:~/riak/client_lib# curl http://10.40.26.18:8098/jiak/groceries
> {"schema":{"allowed_fields":"*","required_fields":[],"read_mask":"*","write_mask":"*"},"keys":["mine"]}
> riak2:~/riak/client_lib# curl http://10.40.26.18:8098/jiak/groceries/mine
...snip...

Ugh.  I apologize for this continuing failure of the intro docs.  The
objects created in the README examples are incompatible with the Jiak
interface.  In order to fetch objects through the Jiak http interface,
you'll need to create those objects either through the Jiak http
interface (via POST and PUT methods) or with the Erlang jiak_client
and jiak_object modules.

I might also suggest you dig into the "raw" http interface, instead of
the "jiak" http interface.  It's more flexible about content types and
formats, and may be more suited to your needs.

http://hg.basho.com/riak/src/tip/doc/raw-http-howto.txt

-Bryan