logging clues?

Jonathan Lee jjl at alumni.caltech.edu
Wed Jan 20 10:53:30 EST 2010

Hello Ken,

I also see that behavior, and like you said, it looks like Riak sends a RST
occasionally.  I haven't found the underlying cause, but if you are just
interested in loading data right now, you can work around the issue using
HttpClient's DefaultHttpMethodRetryHandler with requestSentRetryEnabled:

        RiakConfig config = new RiakConfig("http://localhost:8098/raw");
        HttpClient client = ClientUtils.newHttpClient(config);
        HttpMethodRetryHandler handler = new
DefaultHttpMethodRetryHandler(5, true);
        client.getParams().setParameter(HttpMethodParams.RETRY_HANDLER,
handler);
        config.setHttpClient(client);

        RawClient riak = new RawClient(config);

Not ideal, but it should work for data loading.

- Jonathan

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Ken Sedgwick <ksedgwic at bonsai.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've switched to using the jonjlee / riak-java-client for my testing.
>
> My program is attempting to benchmark the rate at which I can fill data
> into a riak cluster ...
>
> I'm running w/ a single riak node so far.
>
> My client starts multiple threads and uses the Raw interface in a loop
> to write 10K objects to the riak node.
>
> Pretty quickly the riak node sends a RST to one of the client connections.
>
> The client shows:
> EXCEPTION: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
> com.basho.riak.client.response.RiakIORuntimeException:
> java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
>         at

com.basho.riak.client.util.ClientHelper.executeMethod(ClientHelper.java:301)
>         at

com.basho.riak.client.util.ClientHelper.executeMethod(ClientHelper.java:310)