logging clues?

Bryan Fink bryan at basho.com
Thu Jan 21 09:34:53 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Ken Sedgwick <ksedgwic at bonsai.com> wrote:
> I'm having trouble finding the ./start-logger.sh mentioned in the directions
> here:
>
>    http://riak.basho.com/basic-setup.html

Hi, Ken.  The start-logger script went away with the conversion to the
rebar build system, but we forgot to update the logger documentation.
The running log can now be viewed with the riak-admin script:

   riak$ rel/riak/bin/riak-admin logger riak at 127.0.0.1 riak

The first parameter (after 'logger') is the name of the node to which
to connect, and the second parameter is the Erlang cookie for that
node.

I'm not sure about the RST you're seeing.  What operating system are
you using?  We've found that TCP performance on OS X under heavy
concurrent load is pretty awful, and could cause symptoms like this,
for example.

-Bryan