Bucket object not accessible...

Bryan Fink bryan at basho.com
Thu Jan 21 12:38:13 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 4:45 AM, Madireddy Samuel Vijaykumar
<mad.vijay at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bucket object is not accessible when one of the nodes is down? I am trying
> access the bucket created using a Jiak interface. I have 3 nodes in my
> cluster. I created a bucket one of the nodes and then later created some
> keys/values. And then after a couple of hours. I brought done one of the
> instances(not the one i created the data on).
>
> When i try to do "curl http://10.40.26.18:8098/jiak/bucket" is an error
> after some time of waiting. But, i am able to access the keys nevertheless
> ;)
>
> Is this jiak interface issue?

It is partially a Jiak issue.  Jiak is trying to find the list of keys
for objects stored in that bucket.  The keylist generator is timing
out while talking to the node that is down.

The fix is to ask Jiak not to send the keys with the response, by
using the query parameter "keys=false":

   curl http://10.40.26.18:8098/jiak/bucket?keys=false

*However*, there was also a bug in jiak_resource, where it wasn't
respecting the "keys" query parameter while generating an etag for the
resource.  I've fixed that bug, and pushed a patch to
hg.basho.com/riak.

-Bryan