Two small patches for Riak

Paul Jones pauljones23 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 15:16:52 EST 2010

Hi,

After a while of being lazy and sitting on 0.6, I finally upgraded my
application to 0.7. Due to the changes in the build system, a few of the
hacks that I previously had in place stopped working, forcing me to do them
properly. I've attached two patches that I personally believe are quite
useful in the hope that they may be useful to others too.

The first (riak-configure-etc.patch) lets the environment override the
location of RUNNER_ETC_DIR. I personally use this to let an external
launcher determine an environment (dev vs production) and reconfigure
various properties accordingly.

The second (riak-write-pid.patch) adds a new application environment
property (pid_file) that if set results in riak writing out its os process
id to a file. This let me interface it with an external process monitoring
daemon.

Cheers,
Paul.