Choices between HTTP interfaces to Riak

Jay Doane jay.s.doane at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 16:22:51 EST 2010

On Jan 28, 2010, at 12:07 PM, Justin Sheehy wrote:

> If you are using jiak in any way that depends on any of its
> differences from raw, please pipe up so that we can discuss how best
> to meet the needs of your use case.

One difference between the two is that with jiak, keys and buckets are
url quoted by the client and unquoted by the server so that words
containing url-unsafe characters such "/", can be used in keys and
bucket names.  This is handy if you want to, e.g., use urls as keys.

I'm currently working to understand the ramifications of trying to
handle such cases entirely on the client side using the raw http
interface.

Jay