Riak Recap for 7/9 - 7/11

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Mon Jul 12 17:06:05 EDT 2010

Afternoon, Evening, Morning to all,

For today's recap: lots of Dynamo, some great slides from Riak at
Devnation Portland, and a few announcements.

Enjoy!

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups

------

Riak Recap for 7/9 - 7/11

1) @wbruce gave an awesome presentation at Devnation Portland entitled
"Riak: A Friendly Key/Value store for the web." This one is not to be
missed!

Slides here --->
http://www.slideshare.net/codefluency/riak-a-friendly-keyvalue-store-for-the-web-4726998

2) Last week was a big one for Riak and Schema Design, kicked off by
Sean Cribbs' webinar. So, we rounded up all the schema design
resources and put them in one place for you. This is just about
everything we have put out there to date on the topic, and you can
also use this to get in touch with us if you feel the need.

Enjoy --->  http://forms.basho.com/schema-design

3) Q --- Can anyone recommend a version of RabbitMQ that'll be ok w/
0.10.1 on R13B04? (from aoswald via #riak)

    A --- The latest version of Rabbit (1.8.0) should work with R13B04.

4) It's still a ways off but worth mentioning... The Dynamo Paper and
Riak will be the topic of the next ChicagoDB Meeting happening 7/19.
Anyone in the Chicago area is going to want to check this out.

Info here ---> http://bit.ly/chidb-july

5) For anyone in the San Francisco area, the NoSQL Summer group will
be discussing the Dynamo paper tomorrow night (Tuesday, 7/12).

Details here ---> http://nosqlsummer.org/city/san-francisco

6) @acts_as touched up a few things in his RiakPB client and pushed
out 0.2.2 on Friday.

Latest commit here ---> http://github.com/aitrus/riak-pbclient/commits/master

7) OSCON is one week off. Anyone going to be there? If so, let me
know. I want to talk to you.