Rial on Android?

Chris Dawson xrdawson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 00:01:50 EDT 2010

I don't want to have it constantly replicating, just when my application
needs it.  I have an application where I will need to push a large chunk of
public data to, and Riak (and CouchDB) have already solved the hairy
replication issues for me, so I don't have to worry about determining
changes, etc.  It does seem like Riak solves a more complex problem than
CouchDB in this way, or perhaps in a more elegant and robust way, which in
my case might be overkill.

Thanks,
Chris

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 8:25 PM, Scott Gonyea <me at sgonyea.com> wrote:

> I can't imagine how poor the battery life would be, on something like that.
>
> On Jul 20, 2010, at 8:21 PM, Chris Dawson wrote:
>
> > I was excited to see CouchDb on Android.
> >
> > http://github.com/apage43/couch-android-launcher
> >
> > Since this is running via Android Script Engine I assume this is
> > simply CouchDB running on erlang running on Android.  Would this work
> > for Riak as well?  Being able to replicate a store to a device fits
> > really well into an application I am working on.
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > --
> > Chris Dawson
> > 971-533-8335