Best way to back-up riak

Alan McConnell alanmc at swingvine.com
Wed Jul 21 14:01:01 EDT 2010

I'm curious about this as well.  Say I have a ten node cluster.  Could I
just schedule a midnight copy of each bitcask data directory every night,
then restore to another ten node cluster by dropping one of each data
directories on each new node?  How close does the timing needs to be?  What
if the data directory snapshots were taken seconds or minutes apart?

-Alan