UserMeta

Dan Reverri dan at basho.com
Wed Jul 28 14:49:15 EDT 2010

Hi Wilson,

I've seen UserMeta used for soft deleting records. The Riak object is stored
with "X-Riak-Meta-Deleted: 1" and indexed into Solr. Searches filtered
results based on the X-Riak-Meta-Deleted field.

You may also choose to store ACLs in the UserMeta. You can accept arbitrary
content from users, dump the data into the value of the Riak object, set the
content-type, and store a X-Riak-Meta-UserId in the UserMeta. When
retrieving the data you can restrict access based on that field (e.g. make
sure the requesting user id matches the field).

Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Reverri
Developer Advocate