Riak Recap for 7/26 - 7/27
mark at basho.com
Wed Jul 28 16:00:19 EDT 2010
Afternoon, Evening, Morning to all,
We have an action-packed recap today: More riak + js codez, an updated
Go client, new wiki pages, blog posts, great IRC convos, and much
Riak Recap for 7/26 - 7/27
support to his "Keys" project, which is a unified interface for
node.js and various key/value stores.
Github repo here ---> http://github.com/visionmedia/keys/commits/master
2) Lateef Jackson updated "Goriak," his Riak client for Google's "Go,"
to work with Riak's REST API. Go check it out... Thanks, Lateef!
Google Code repo here ---> https://code.google.com/p/goriak/
3) Those of you who meticulously monitor the Riak Wiki may have
noticed that we added a few new pages as of late. Here are some
We added a page all about Command Line Tools --->
We also added a section called "Community Processes" which covers code
contributions and wiki contributions. Located here --->
4) Sean Cribbs and Dan Reverri put together a lengthy and informative
blog post as a follow up to the MapReduce webinar from last week. If
you asked a question but there wasn't time to answer it, it's
mostly-likely covered in this post.
Link here --->http://blog.basho.com/2010/07/27/webinar-recap---mapreduce-querying-in-riak/
5) Looks like the Fast Track swag is starting to make its way across
the pond. There has been a sighting in France! (h/t to @cstar for
Pic here ---> http://twitter.com/cstar/statuses/19729200836
6) Justin Pease (@jpease) put together a great post on his blog about
using Rails 3, Riak, and Ripple.
Post here ---> http://jit.nuance9.com/2010/07/ruby-192-rails-3-riak-and-ripple.html
7) @jebui made it know that Riak is now powering inagist.com.
Tweet here ---> http://twitter.com/jebui/statuses/19731528916
Care to share anymore details on how you're using Riak and what
inagist.com is all about, Jebu?
8) justinsheehy, guestuser, seancribbs, and benchmark had a convo in
#riak that started with " I was wondering how easy it is to shift the
infrastructure from cluster to another cluster if bitcask is the
storage engine with riak."
Gist here ---> http://gist.github.com/495866
9) There was a brief but worthwhile chat in #riak that started with,
"anyone ever put a reverse proxy in front of riak? "
Gist here ---> http://gist.github.com/495990
10 ) Q --- Is there a way to put with an undefined key via protobuffs
and have it create a key for you like the rest interface does? (from
@bradfordw via Twitter)
A --- Not currently, but we plan to implement that soon. Keep
an eye on this if you're interested --->
11) For anyone in the Bay Area planning to come to the Riak Meetup in
San Francisco on 8/9, we finalized the location and time.
Details are here --->
12) For those of you who used LinkedIn, a Riak Group has been started. Join us!
Check it out here (you will need to log in )--->
More information about the riak-users