Riak Recap for 5/11

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Wed May 12 13:17:50 EDT 2010

Afternoon, Evening, Morning -

A quick recap for today: a few bits from IRC and an announcement about
an email address.

Best,

Mark

Community Manager
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups

-----

Riak Recap for 5/11

1) Q --- Is there anyway to update the riak metadata fields without
rewriting the entire value? (same with links) ( from crucially via
IRC)

    A ---  Not at this time, though it is something we would like to
be able to do. It's a side effect of the way links are captured right
now, and we hope to improve it. Depending on your usage, there are
sometimes other ways of solving that same problem w/o a full rewrite.
Use of a "meta object" is one such way.

2) bingledac and samsonjs had a brief conversation in IRC about
running two clusters on one node that might be of interest to some of
you.

Check it out here --- > http://gist.github.com/398819

3) We've created the "wiki at basho.com" email address. If you think the
Riak Wiki is missing something or have some general comments about it,
this is the best place to start. (I'll be making this apparent on the
Wiki when I get the chance...)

-----
Not a member of the Riak Mailing List? Join Us - >