Riak Search release date

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Thu May 13 14:44:39 EDT 2010

Senthilkumar, Eric, others -

Thanks for your detailed and thoughtful questions about Riak Search.

We are well aware that many of you are building and prototyping
applications on Riak and that you are expecting to use Riak Search
heavily once it is available. This is great. MapReduce is a great
feature of Riak but it does not solve exactly the same problems that
Riak Search intends to.

Our beta program is very limited and is closed to new entrants at this
time in order to allow us to focus on delivering a product that we are
happy to support.

We want to do everything we can to accommodate the community's need
for and curiosity about Search. You can expect a blog post from the
Search team next week, and further communication from us as progress
continues.

Thanks for your patience.

Mark

Mark Phillips