CAP controls

Jon Meredith jmeredith at basho.com
Thu May 13 17:11:43 EDT 2010

Hi Jeremy,

If it were me I would start off with the simplest set up possible - one
riak node per physical machine. It'll be easier to see what is going on
and reason about performance if there are less moving parts.

For the storage configuration - if you are using innostore then keep one
for disk for logging (or use the drive the o/s is on if it is doing
little else) and create a RAID0 disk out of the remaining disks.
Similar set up for bitcask except you don't need to worry about the log
data.

Try that as a baseline and benchmark it.  If it isn't up to the task
then you can explore more complex options.

Jon.