CAP controls

Jeremy Hinegardner jeremy at hinegardner.org
Thu May 13 17:47:35 EDT 2010

Thanks Justin,

Good to know.  I'll throw it out there as a feature request :-).   Or at least
something to think about.

I believe it is HDFS that has something along these lines, where you can say
which nodes are in which racks and which data centers.  This is so it knows who
its nearby neighbors are for block replication and job distribution.

I think same sort of meta-node location knowledge could be used for ring
partitioning so the paranoid (like me :-)) could tune for catastrophic events.

enjoy,
-jeremy