when do i need to reip

Sean Cribbs sean at basho.com
Sun May 16 21:49:13 EDT 2010

You shouldn't have to if the hostname of the computer is the same - either via DNS or /etc/hosts.  The key is whether the name of your node actually is actually riak at storage-1.  This should be set in vm.args already if the names are actually applied as you say.  To double check, attach to the running node with `riak-admin attach` (or start it with `riak console`) and see what it says at the prompt.

Sean Cribbs <sean at basho.com>
Developer Advocate
Basho Technologies, Inc.
http://basho.com/