loadbalancing

Ryan Tilder rtilder at basho.com
Tue May 18 19:02:25 EDT 2010

Using any of the various VIP implementations but we don't recommend VRRP
behaviour[1] for the VIP because you'll lose the benefit of spreading client
query load to all nodes in a ring.  For the plain HTTP client interface
haproxy, squid, varnish, nginx, lighttpd, and even Apache can be used in a
variety of proxy configurations.

--Ryan

1. VRRP was really designed to address outages caused hardware failure or
network partition, not load balancing.