Memory Utilization

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Wed May 26 18:23:22 EDT 2010

Hi,

We have a couple of projects we want to start small and to this point
we've been considering MongoDB or Cassandra. Mongo's main drawback for
us is it's extensive use of mmap, which can make it a bad neighbor
vis-a-vis RAM usage if it has to co-exist with other parts of our
stack. Cassandra's has it's own drawbacks for our use cases.

Riak looks very interesting, but we're curious about it's memory
profile. That is what drives memory consumption in Riak, is it
possible to limit the memory consumption, and how does Riak behave
when memory exhaustion occurs?

-J