ripple: uninitialized constant ManyLinkProxy

Sean Cribbs sean at basho.com
Fri May 28 17:15:29 EDT 2010

When I say "embedded associations", I mean the association's target class is an EmbeddedDocument. I know for certain that Adam Hunter, who did most of the work for those, is using them in his application.

At this point I don't have an estimate for when it will be ready to use, but given the upcoming holiday weekend, I plan to carve out some time to update the library.

In the meantime, yes you could use links on the underlying RObject, but it'll be a little bit fiddly.

Sean Cribbs <sean at basho.com>
Developer Advocate
Basho Technologies, Inc.
http://basho.com/

On May 28, 2010, at 5:07 PM, francisco treacy wrote:

> Thanks for the prompt reply, Sean.
>
> What do you mean by "embedded associations"? How do you create those?
> For the moment I'll work with with "property :items, Array, :default => [] ".
>
> As links are quite essential to work with Riak, do you have an
> estimation when this functionality will be ready for use?
>
> Maybe a workaround is using links in the underlying RObject, although
> it's a Document protected instance method.
>
> Francisco
>

> 2010/5/28 Sean Cribbs <sean at basho.com>:
>> Francisco,
>>
>> I'm sorry this didn't make it around to you yet (I think it was in the recap a few days ago).  The associations feature is incomplete and thus only embedded associations work.  I might change it to raise a NotImplementedError until they are.
>>
>> Sean Cribbs <sean at basho.com>
>> Developer Advocate
>> Basho Technologies, Inc.
>> http://basho.com/
>>
>> On May 28, 2010, at 4:09 PM, francisco treacy wrote:
>>
>>> I am having an issue with Ripple:
>>>
>>> $ rails c
>>> ruby-1.9.1-p378 > user = User.find('francisco.treacy at gmail.com')
>>> [...]