Riak Recap for Nov 7 - 9

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Wed Nov 10 15:26:27 EST 2010

Afternoon, Evening, Morning to all,

We have a lot going on in today's Recap: blog posts, podcasts, new
code, Riak jobs, more slides than you can shake a node at, and a few
Gists from #riak.

Enjoy!

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups

----

Riak Recap for Nov 7 - 9

1) Looks like someone (not Basho, btw) is hiring a freelance Riak MapReducer.

Details here if anyone is interested --->
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cpg/2049178533.html

2) @adrianco (of Netflix) posted a blog a while back asking for people
from various NoSQL projects to chime in with how their respective
database would work for his use case.

Here's our response for Riak--->
http://perfcap.blogspot.com/2010/11/nosql-netflix-use-case-comparison-for.html

3) jonas11235, drev1 and benblack had a quick conversation in #riak
about running applications and Riak in the same VM and what interfaces
and resources to use with Riak if you're just getting started with
Erlang Apps.

Gist here ---> https://gist.github.com/671325

4) jaymayfield and benlack had a brief chat about making the switch
from an RDBMS to Riak for a certain use case and how to think about
links.

Gist here ---> https://gist.github.com/671340

5) @frank06 added Luwak support to his Node.js client, "riak-js"

Details here ---> https://github.com/frank06/riak-js

6) Sean Cribbs has been traipsing all over Europe the last few weeks,
giving Riak presentations at various venues. He is currently at Oredev
and just posted a few slide decks he used over the past several days.

Slides he used for his Riak Overview talk are here --->
http://www.slideshare.net/seancribbs/riak-redev-nosql-day

Slides he used for his extensive Riak Tutorial (all 305 of them!!!)
are here ---> http://www.slideshare.net/seancribbs/riak-tutorial-redev

7) Andy Gross (@argv0) and I were on The Changelog Podcast to talk
about Riak, the people using it, and our move to GitHub.

Available for your listening pleasure here --->
http://thechangelog.com/post/1525527959/episode-0-4-0-riak-revisited-with-andy-gross-mark-philli