Riak Recap for Nov 10 - 11

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Fri Nov 12 19:48:19 EST 2010

Afternoon, Evening, Morning to all,

For today's Recap: A Groovy client for Riak, some great Gists from
#riak, Riak Search in the wild, and much more.

Have a great weekend!

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups

----

Riak Recap for Nov 10 - 11

1) Q --- Is there some kind of session affinity between a client (ex:
one person in a browser) and the node that receives and handles the
requests? (from ricardoG via #riak)

   A --- No, this is not something built into Riak.

2) andrewoswald asked: "curious whether it's possible to actually
store a value's vclock within its own contents?"

Benblack answered ---> https://gist.github.com/674903

3) allen_ , dizzyd and benblack had a lengthy conversation that
started with "I loaded 500K * 4K to three nodes, and read it all ahead
to s
see how much cached are used  and found out the usage of cache more
than data size, is  there any way to calculate this to plan memory
accordingly?" (via #riak)

Gist here ---> https://gist.github.com/674928

4)  Q --- So, for writing a new resolved version of a set of siblings,
what vclock value should I be passing back in? (from codahale via
#riak)

    A --- The vclock you got when you did the read.

5) aphyr kicked off a short but worthwhile chat when he asked, "When
you're designing systems where concurrent writes could
cause minor corruption (links to missing objects, for example),  do
you try to rigorously prevent them at modification time, or
use sweep-and-repair jobs periodically?"

Gist here ---> https://gist.github.com/674941

6) For any Riak Search fans out there, @jebui made it known that he
has it in production at inagist.com. Go try it out...

Info here ---> http://twitter.com/#!/jebui/status/2807509924446208

7) We posted a new piece of software on GitHub a few days back. It's
called "riak_err" and it's am "Enhanced SASL Error Logger for Riak."

If you haven't seen it, check it out here ---> https://github.com/basho/riak_err

Also, rumor has it that there might be a blog post up about it next week...

8) J. Brisbin has been working on support for Riak in Spring,  and he
just released a client written in Groovy.

Repo here on GitHub ---> https://github.com/jbrisbin/spring-riak

Added to the Riak Wiki here --->

https://wiki.basho.com/display/RIAK/Community-Developed+Libraries+and+Projects#Community-DevelopedLibrariesandProjects-ClientLibraries

Original link here ---> http://twitter.com/#!/j_brisbin/status/2441695962595328