Data stored in Search *and* KV ?

Nicolas Fouché nicolas at silentale.com
Thu Nov 4 13:33:09 EDT 2010

Hi,

Following the discussion with seancribbs and Tv on #riak:
http://pastie.org/private/acxekqyapbk7fz1hcp8udg

I only index documents with the bucket precommit hook and I do all my
searches via Map/Reduce queries.
I'm not sure how Search works, if there is an inverted index and a
forward index. I'm just "worried" about storing full documents in the
Search forward index *and* in KV, as I would just need the Search
forward index to store the document id (=key in KV).

Do you consider this as a problem ? Is it how the way Search works,
and I would have to live with data stored twice ?

-- Nicolas