Python client issue

Aleksandar Radulovic alex at a13x.net
Sun Nov 7 05:24:03 EST 2010

For starters, which versions of Riak and python client are you running?

I've tested your code on my mini server, running riak v0.12.0 and
noticed no problems:

mini:~ home$ time python riak_test.py
<riak.RiakClient object at 0x3a23b0>

real    0m0.662s
user    0m0.373s
sys     0m0.282s
mini:~ home$ time python riak_test.py
<riak.RiakClient object at 0x3a23b0>

real    0m0.666s
user    0m0.374s
sys     0m0.285s

>From the python interpreter, creating a client is (almost) instant.

Regards,
alex.

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 4:03 PM, Jonah Crawford
<jonah at microgridsystems.com> wrote:
> My calls to riak using the python client are taking upwards of 8-9 seconds to return.
>
> Obviously this is some form of error even though the calls still run/work.
>
> I've isolated what I think is the problem (creating the client)
>
> This code takes 7 seconds to return on an dual core mac -  http://codedumper.com/ilixe
>
> I've reinstalled the python client so I'm not really sure what else I can do..
>
> Suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.
>
> Jonah

a lex 13 x
http://www.a13x.info