upgrade from 0.10 to 0.13 while full cluster shutdown

Colin Surprenant colin.surprenant at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 17:01:11 EST 2010

Hi,

What would be the most (time) efficient way for me to upgrade my 3
nodes cluster from 0.10 to current 0.13?

It is not a problem for me to completely shutdown the cluster for the
upgrade operation, unless it takes longer than a few hours.

My cluster is configured with innostore and each node holds approx
250G of data.

I do not think riak-admin backup/restore is an option since it is way
too slow. The last time I checked, it did not finish dumping a single
node after 24 hours...

Thanks,
Colin