RPC channels and mapreduce

Christian Lavoie clavoie at sandreckoning.com
Sat Nov 13 20:09:14 EST 2010

I'm trying to dump all items in a bucket to a remote server using some
RPC system (in this case, Apache Thrift).

The original idea was to process a bucket using a map query -- but to
not create one thrift channel/socket per item I'd need to run some
init code on each RIAK node first, have each item re-use the existing
channel per item. And ideally have some post-map hook to properly
terminate the channel (to differentiate between accidental and
expected termination).

Is this even feasible? Any suggestions on how to do it?

--
Christian Lavoie,
Sand Reckoning Consulting, inc.