map-reduce Problem ?

Prometheus WillSurvive prometheus.willsurvive at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 11:34:18 EST 2010

Hi ,

We have a huge database (around 4 billion record - 30 TB) storing the video watch infromation ie view count , comment , favorited etc. I want to produce daily report for all videos view counts. It means I need to look 2 day , today and yesterday so subtract yesterdey view count from today view count so I can find the daliy impression. Our Fat DB team doing this a few complex queries. I would like to ask you is this possible with Riak map-reduce way .  I want to make a demonstration to the team to show this ..

This is the scenario. We have similar data models for other thins. This could be a start.

We have 30xHP DL380  x32 Gig Ram  Farm  to test this scenario.

Any riak map-reduce experienced member can show some idea on this..  I guess.

Regards

Prometheus