Riak Reacp for Nov. 17 - 18
mark at basho.com
Fri Nov 19 10:35:40 EST 2010
Morning, Afternoon, Evening to all,
For today's Recap: blog posts, new code, wiki additions and some Q & A
Enjoy your weekend.
Riak Reacp for Nov. 17 - 19
1) Sean Cribbs made some enhancements to Ripple and improved the state
of Jruby support.
Info here ---> http://twitter.com/#!/seancribbs/status/5042296189878273
2) Jebu Ittiachen (@jebui), who has written some great posts about his
use of Riak in the past, just authored a new post called
"Searching with RiakSearch." This is a solid overview of what Riak
Search is all about and how he is using it at inagist.com. Definitely
worth the read.
Post here ---> http://blog.inagist.com/searching-with-riaksearch
3) Looks like J. Brisbin has almost finished building in support for
Riak in Grails!
Info here ---> http://twitter.com/#!/j_brisbin/statuses/5626960344518657
4) benblack pointed out that the "riak glossary wiki page does not
define 'Quorum.' " (via #riak)
We've added 'Quorum' to the Glossary on the wiki --->
5) Q --- What exactly are string vclock values? If two objects have
the same vclock string, I presume they have the same antecedents?
(from aphyr via #riak)
A --- If they have the same vclock, they are the same object
(assuming bucket/key are the same).
6) Q --- Is there a command some place to list all buckets? (from
sh1mmer via #riak)
A --- Info on listing buckets via the PBC API can be found here:
There is also a soon-to-be-merged branch of riak_kv that will make it
possible to list buckets via the HTTP API. Have a look at the latest
commit in this branch :
More information about the riak-users