riak / riaksearch fails and returns with "badarg, universaltime_to_localtime" on any mapreduce function

A. Sebastian Dietzel sebastian at dubizzle.com
Sun Nov 21 05:10:33 EST 2010


Hi,

I've trouble getting the mapreduce functions to work in riak and 
riaksearch.
It fails with some sort of timestamp error, unfortunately I'm not good 
enough in
Erlang to fix it, but I've attached the error logs and riaksearch-admin 
status output - hope that helps.

So far, I've tried it on my local dev machine (osx - riak/riaksearch 
source installation, tarball and github master branch),
on centos 5.3 (github master) and on ubuntu,
the .deb packaged version on ubuntu works and doesn't fail in my test cases.

The attached test is written in python based on the test cases in the 
library
and utilizes the http client from the python library for riak.
But that shouldn't matter, it also fails via the pbc-python client (I've 
attached logs for that as well),
as well as in ruby (using the official client) and via curl too.
I didn't attach any logs for ruby or curl, as they're similar to the 
http based python client.

Since no one else is having these issues, I presume I'm doing something 
wrong
but I don't know what exactly.

I'm running riak/riaksearch from the console like this:
ulimit -n 1024
$PATH_TO_RIAKS_SRC/rel/bin/riaksearch start

or for regular riak:
$PATH_TO_RIAK_SRC/rel/bin/riak start

This works and starts riak / riaksearch, but as soon as I start doing 
anything mapreduce with the servers they fail with:

... 
{badarg,[{erlang,universaltime_to_localtime,[{{1969,12,31},{23,59,59}}]},{calendar,local_time_to_universal_time_dst,1} 
...

I'm using Erlang R13B04.

Please let me know if I can provide anything else to help solving this 
issue.

Thank you in advance,
Sebastian
-- 
A. Sebastian Dietzel (el mariachi)
sebastian at dubizzle.com

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/attachments/20101121/53125062/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: riaksearch-admin_status.txt
URL: <http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/attachments/20101121/53125062/attachment.txt>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: app.config
URL: <http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/attachments/20101121/53125062/attachment.config>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: sasl-error-log.txt
URL: <http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/attachments/20101121/53125062/attachment-0001.txt>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: riak-python-testcase.txt
URL: <http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/attachments/20101121/53125062/attachment-0002.txt>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: sasl-error_PBC.txt
URL: <http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/attachments/20101121/53125062/attachment-0003.txt>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: erlang-log_PBC.txt
URL: <http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/attachments/20101121/53125062/attachment-0004.txt>


More information about the riak-users mailing list