riak / riaksearch fails and returns with "badarg, universaltime_to_localtime" on any mapreduce function

Michal Zajda zajdamichal at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 10:59:11 EST 2010

Hi,
 this is erlang issue.

According to documentation (
http://erlang.org/doc/man/calendar.html#local_time_to_universal_time_dst-1):
"This function converts from local time to Universal Coordinated Time (UTC).
Date1 must refer to a local date after Jan 1, 1970." 5>

And here my shell:

calendar:local_time_to_universal_time_dst({{1969,12,31},{23,59,59}}).
** exception error: bad argument
     in function  erlang:localtime_to_universaltime/2
        called as
erlang:localtime_to_universaltime({{1969,12,31},{23,59,59}},
                                                    true)
     in call from calendar:local_time_to_universal_time_dst/1

6> calendar:local_time_to_universal_time_dst({{1970,1,1},{23,59,59}}).
[{{1970,1,1},{22,59,59}}]

Track down date generator and handle the case.

--
Michal