riak / riaksearch fails and returns with "badarg, universaltime_to_localtime" on any mapreduce function

Dan Reverri dan at basho.com
Mon Nov 22 19:41:56 EST 2010


It looks like Riak is hitting this error when trying to jsonify the
metadata, specifically the "X-Riak-Last-Modified" header. The timestamp in
the header works out to be "Sun, 21 Nov 2010 07:28:05 GMT". Your system
seems to be translating it to a date before 1970.

Can you run the following Erlang code while attached to a running Riak node?
calendar:now_to_local_time({1290,324485,31243}).

It should output something like:
{{2010,11,20},{23,28,5}}

Thanks,
Dan


Daniel Reverri
Developer Advocate
Basho Technologies, Inc.
dan at basho.com


On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 2:10 AM, A. Sebastian Dietzel <
sebastian at dubizzle.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I've trouble getting the mapreduce functions to work in riak and
> riaksearch.
> It fails with some sort of timestamp error, unfortunately I'm not good
> enough in
> Erlang to fix it, but I've attached the error logs and riaksearch-admin
> status output - hope that helps.
>
> So far, I've tried it on my local dev machine (osx - riak/riaksearch source
> installation, tarball and github master branch),
> on centos 5.3 (github master) and on ubuntu,
> the .deb packaged version on ubuntu works and doesn't fail in my test
> cases.
>
> The attached test is written in python based on the test cases in the
> library
> and utilizes the http client from the python library for riak.
> But that shouldn't matter, it also fails via the pbc-python client (I've
> attached logs for that as well),
> as well as in ruby (using the official client) and via curl too.
> I didn't attach any logs for ruby or curl, as they're similar to the http
> based python client.
>
> Since no one else is having these issues, I presume I'm doing something
> wrong
> but I don't know what exactly.
>
> I'm running riak/riaksearch from the console like this:
> ulimit -n 1024
> $PATH_TO_RIAKS_SRC/rel/bin/riaksearch start
>
> or for regular riak:
> $PATH_TO_RIAK_SRC/rel/bin/riak start
>
> This works and starts riak / riaksearch, but as soon as I start doing
> anything mapreduce with the servers they fail with:
>
> ...
> {badarg,[{erlang,universaltime_to_localtime,[{{1969,12,31},{23,59,59}}]},{calendar,local_time_to_universal_time_dst,1}
> ...
>
> I'm using Erlang R13B04.
>
> Please let me know if I can provide anything else to help solving this
> issue.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Sebastian
> --
> A. Sebastian Dietzel (el mariachi)
> sebastian at dubizzle.com
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> riak-users mailing list
> riak-users at lists.basho.com
> http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/attachments/20101122/4ece7bfc/attachment.html>


More information about the riak-users mailing list