Whole cluster times out if one node is gone

Dan Reverri dan at basho.com
Mon Nov 22 20:15:18 EST 2010

Your HTTP calls should not being timing out. Are you sending requests
directly to the Riak node or are you using a load balancer? How much load
are you placing on node A? Is it a write only load or are there reads as
well? Can you confirm "all" requests time out or is it a large subset of the
requests? How large are the objects being written? Are you setting R and W
in the request? Are you using a particular client (Ruby, Python, etc.)? Can
you provide the output of "riak-admin status" from node A?

Regarding the ringready command; that is behaving as I would expect
considering a node is down.

Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Reverri