Updating links and metadata only?

Jon Brisbin jon at jbrisbin.com
Tue Nov 23 10:47:50 EST 2010

Is it possible to update only headers on an object?

In writing the Riak spring-data support, I'm having to update objects in their entirety to manage relationships between them. In one operation I might create an object and in another, I might add a link to it (after I've saved the new child object). I'm sending the body content back when I add the links or set the metadata, but this seems like overkill (and fragile). Is there a way to set only headers on an object? I'd like to just add a Link header without having to process all the existing Link headers, throwing out any I don't care about (like rel="up", et al), add my new Link, then put all that stuff back into the store.

If this capability doesn't exist, is there a way I can write a plugin to implement it? Or would it require hacking Riak core?

Or is there a better way entirely?

Thanks!

J. Brisbin
http://jbrisbin.com/