Error installing riak from source on OS X

Jonah Crawford jonah at microgridsystems.com
Sat Nov 27 01:47:28 EST 2010

Hi I've been able to get riak funning using brew but getting some glitches with client code so I decided to install from source to see if it helps any. Here is the error I'm getting:

abort: There is no Mercurial repository here (.hg not found)
./rebar get-deps
Uncaught error in rebar_core: {'EXIT',
                                  {undef,
                                      [{crypto,start,[]},
                                       {rebar_core,run,1},
                                       {rebar,main,1},
                                       {escript,run,2},
                                       {escript,start,1},
                                       {init,start_it,1},
                                       {init,start_em,1}]}}

=ERROR REPORT==== 26-Nov-2010::22:40:37 ===
Error in process <0.30.0> with exit value: {badarg,[{erlang,system_info,[build_type]},{crypto,on_load,0},{code_server,'-handle_on_load/4-fun-0-',1}]}

make: *** [deps] Error 1

Obviously it's looking for something that's not there... what libs need to be installed or present in the build package for this to work ?

Thanks in advance,

Jonah