Best practices for updates

Dan Reverri dan at basho.com
Mon Nov 29 13:39:56 EST 2010

Hi Dan,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. There is no multi-set feature in
Riak; each object would need to be updated with a separate request.

While it is possible to modify Riak objects from within an Erlang map
function, the map/reduce functionality was not intended for this type of
operation. I don't see any reason a map phase couldn't be used for a
multi-set but this is not an area that has been tested or verified.

Thank you,
Dan

Daniel Reverri
Developer Advocate