Riak Recap for Nov. 24 - 28

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Mon Nov 29 19:02:38 EST 2010

Afternoon, Evening, Morning to all,

To everyone in the States: hope you had a relaxing and enjoyable
holiday weekend.

Apologies for the lack of Recap this past Friday.

For today's recap we have a script for deleting keys from a bucket,
some updates to Ripple, some Riak + Drupal developments, a few talk
announcements, several pieces of content from #riak, and more.

Enjoy,

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups

----

Riak Recap for Nov. 24 - 28

1) Anyone heading to Scale Camp in London in a few weeks?
(http://www.scalecamp.org.uk/) Sadly, no one from Basho will be there,
but there might be a Riak enthusiast or two in attendance. Let the
list know if you'll be there.

2) @udk1 (Russell Smith) put together a PHP script that simplifies
deleting all the keys from a bucket.

Check it out here --->
http://blog.ukd1.co.uk/post/1729691991/deleting-all-the-keys-in-a-riak-bucket

3) Ripple Update: Sean Cribbs pushed a HTTP backend that uses Excon.
It appears to be quite fast.

Commit here --->
https://github.com/seancribbs/ripple/commit/0e1a7be5886d832b3bd01d446676d82b1641857c

Link to benchmarks here --->
http://twitter.com/seancribbs/status/9110924686262273

4) We rescheduled the Riak Tech Talk happening at Pivotal Labs in
Boulder. The new date and time is Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 7-9:00pm.

Details and registration info here ---> http://planca.st/IHx

5) For anyone interested in Drupal + Riak, @dmitrig01 did some work on
a Riak Field Storage module.

Details here ---> http://drupal.org/project/riak_field_storage

6) For anyone in or around Columbus, OH, @peschkaj (Jeremiah Peschka)
will be giving a preso on Riak at the February ColumbusRubyBrigage
Meetup. I'm sure we'll get some more details on this as February
approaches.

Original Announcement here --->
http://twitter.com/peschkaj/status/8872266557292544

7)  Q --- Any idea when 0.14 is going to be released?  (from danoyoung
via #riak)

     A --- 0.14 is slated for a December release.

8) quentusrex, benblack, timanglade and a few others had a lengthy
chat in #riak that started with "Anyone know if there is a simple way
to pull
documents(about 3 million documents) from a couchdb server into a  new
riak cluster? "

Gist here ---> https://gist.github.com/720780

9) Is there a way to sync the data in a precommit hook into another
database? (from chx via #riak)

Yes. You can write a pre-commit that would do that. @argv0 gave a demo
a while back on using a post-commit hook and RabbitMQ to pump data
into SQLite from Riak. It's not exactly what you're looking for but
might be a good place to start --->
http://bitbucket.org/argv0/riak_rabbit