Riak won't die all the way on OS X

Jon Brisbin jon at jbrisbin.com
Tue Nov 30 09:59:49 EST 2010

I'm running the pre-built binaries for Riak 0.13 (and 0.12 x64, for that matter) for OS X 10.6.

When I do a "riak stop", there is one process still running. The epmd -daemon process. I have to kill it manually.

In my testing, I'm starting 0.13, running a test, then shutting it down, starting 0.12 and running another test. If I'm not switching versions, then I just leave it running.

Will this cause a problem if I restart the server and leave this last process running? What about if I switch from 0.13 to 0.12 (or vice versa)? Will it interfere with anything? Do I even need to kill it?

Thanks!

J. Brisbin
http://jbrisbin.com/