Riak Recap for Oct 13 - 14

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Fri Oct 15 14:16:29 EDT 2010

Afternoon, Evening, Morning to all,

This Recap comes to you live from Strangeloop happening in St. Louis.
This conference is exceptional and I would highly-recommend you attend
next year if it's possibe. Now, onto Riak...

We have another great Recap for today: Gists, blog posts, community
code and Q & A.

Enjoy!

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups (not to be confused with 'twitter.com/phatkmillups')

----
Riak Recap for Oct 13 - 14

1) DZone posted a quick article about the recent Riak release.

Post here ---> http://java.dzone.com/riak-013

2) Scott Gonyea (@acts_as) posted a snippet of some ObjC++ / ObjC
protobuf code he is working on for Riak. (via twitter)

Gist here ---> http://gist.github.com/625386

3)  Arnaud "Boby" Seilles wrote a blog called "ERLANG AT THE
NETCIRCLE" that eluded to some plans they have that may involve Riak.

Post here --->http://www.thenetcircle.com/2010/10/14/erlang-at-the-netcircle/

4) Riak got some love on O'Reilly Radar.

Post here --->http://radar.oreilly.com/2010/10/data-week-army-anomalies.html

5) Q --- It seems I don't need to run riak if I've started riaksearch.
Is this correct? (from jpartogi via #riak)

    A --- Correct. Search contains both riak_core and riak_kv, so when
you run Search, you're running riak.

6) Q --- Can you delete a bucket - like curl -X DELETE
http://whatever:8098/riak/thebucket ? (from johnae via #riak)

    A --- Right now there is no support for that. See this thread here
for more info --->
http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/2010-October/002174.html

7) siculars asked, "How do you get the solr endpoint to output results
in json in riak_search?"

Gist here ---> http://gist.github.com/628572

8) nfo, tsa, bingeldac and johnae had a short chat about how Riak and
Riak Search nodes interact.

Gist here ---> http://gist.github.com/628576

9) tsal kicked off a great conversation in #riak when he asked, "Where
did the `ring` notion come from?"

Gist here ---> http://gist.github.com/628585

10) nfo kicked off a short conversation when he asked, "Is it possible
to concurrently increment the integer value of an object?"

Gist here ---> http://gist.github.com/628596