Riak Recap for Oct. 8 - 10

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Mon Oct 11 19:24:02 EDT 2010

Afternoon, Evening, Morning to all,

Here's a short Recap from the past several days.

Enjoy,

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups

----

Riak Recap for Oct. 8 - 10

1) Scott Likens (@scottmlikens) made a few commits to a new repo on
GitHub which, when complete, will be the home for Riak Cookbooks for
the Engineyard AppCloud.

Keep an eye on this one here ---> http://github.com/damm/ey-riak

Thanks, Scott!

2) Franck Cuny (@franckcuny) posted a slide deck called "Riak: A File
system for internet." This is a great general overview of and has some
code samples towards the end.

Slides here --->
http://www.slideshare.net/franckcuny/riak-a-file-system-for-internet

Thanks for sharing, Franck!

3) seancribbs and technomancy had a brief convo about mapreduce and
the format required for arguments.

Gist here ---> http://gist.github.com/621355

4) CasFan_ , jdmaturen, benchmark and sfalcon had a very quick chat
that stared with "Is riak's interface Amazon S3-compatible?"

Gist here ---> http://gist.github.com/621360

5) Q --- Has anyone written a riak module for ganglia?  (from jnewland
via #riak)

    A --- If they have, it hasn't been released yet as open source. We
would love to see it, and I can say with near 100% confidence that
there would be a t shirt coming your way if this were to appear with
your name on it...

6) Sean Cribbs pushed out the 0.8.1 version of Ripple, Riak's Ruby Client.

Release notes here --->
http://github.com/seancribbs/ripple/blob/v0.8.1/RELEASE_NOTES.textile

7) Though I emailed the list about this already earlier, it warrants
repeating: Riak 0.13 is out!

Blog post is here ---> http://blog.basho.com/2010/10/11/riak-0.13-released/

8) @frank06 updated the todo list on the Node driver for Riak that he
and some others have been working on. If you're interested in Riak and
Node, check this out and lend a hand --- >
http://github.com/frank06/riak-js/issues