Riak backend when using Riak search

Germain Maurice germain.maurice at linkfluence.net
Tue Oct 12 15:48:15 EDT 2010

  Argh, i replied directly to Dan :/

==========
Hi Germain,

You can use Riak Search as you would a normal installation of Riak KV;
Riak Search is a superset of Riak KV. You can modify the riak_kv portion
of Riak Search exactly as you would a typical Riak KV installation.

One thing to note; along with index data Riak Search will also store a
representation of indexed documents as an object in Riak KV. For
example, indexing a document in the "search" index will do the following:
1. Store indexed data in the Merge Index backend using the merge_index
data_root
2. Store a new document in Riak KV using the configured backend:
Bucket: _rsid_search
Key: DocId
Value: Data from the document

The document's data representation could be retrieved through the
standard REST API as follows:
http://localhost:8098/riak/_rsid_search/DocId

Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Reverri
Developer Advocate
Basho Technologies, Inc.
dan at basho.com <mailto:dan at basho.com>

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Germain Maurice
<germain.maurice at linkfluence.net
<mailto:germain.maurice at linkfluence.net>> wrote:
Not really Dan, it was about pure data storage not about indexes storage.

I just tried Riak Search with Innostore for my buckets and it works, i
was a bit hurry (and it was simple to make some test).
However, thank you for having answered.