ganglia riak module

Jesse Newland jesse at railsmachine.com
Thu Oct 14 06:57:07 EDT 2010

On Oct 11, 2010, at 7:24 PM, Mark Phillips wrote:

> 5) Q --- Has anyone written a riak module for ganglia?  (from jnewland
> via #riak)
>
>    A --- If they have, it hasn't been released yet as open source. We
> would love to see it, and I can say with near 100% confidence that
> there would be a t shirt coming your way if this were to appear with
> your name on it...

Finished this up the other day:

http://github.com/jnewland/gmond_python_modules/tree/master/riak/

I'm a python n00b, be gentle :)

Here's a list of the metrics they track:

http://github.com/jnewland/gmond_python_modules/blob/master/riak/riak.conf

To use python modules in Ganglia, you'll need the following snippet in your `gmond.conf`:

    modules {

      module {
        name = "python_module"
        path = "/usr/lib/ganglia/modpython.so"
        params = "/usr/lib/ganglia/python_modules"
      }

    }

Then, copy `ganglia.py` to `/usr/lib/ganglia/python_modules/`, and `ganglia.conf` to `/etc/ganglia/conf.d` and restart gmond.

Please let me know if you have any problems, I'm happy to help :)

Regards -

Jesse Newland
---
jesse at railsmachine.com