have a new node take over the role of a downed, unrecoverable node?

Sean Cribbs sean at basho.com
Sat Oct 16 15:16:36 EDT 2010

`leave` is exactly what you want to do then.  Once the old node has left (use `ringready` to track its exit), add the new neode.

If the EBS volume containing the node's data was not lost, you could mount it onto the new node to save some recovery time, and then reip.  However, you'll need to reip on all machines.

Sean Cribbs <sean at basho.com>
Developer Advocate
Basho Technologies, Inc.
http://basho.com/