RiakSearch Performance Test 01

Sean Cribbs sean at basho.com
Mon Oct 25 09:52:20 EDT 2010

On Oct 25, 2010, at 7:58 AM, Prometheus WillSurvive wrote:

> When I send the request to the load balance machine which it is distributing queries above server ( 8 cores machines weight = 20 ps) I got:
>
> 44 qps...
>
> So it is telling someting to me but i am not clear...  Is riak search also routing request as load balancer does ?

Like Riak KV, queries to Riak Search will invoke multiple nodes in the cluster, hence your load-balancing really only changes which node coordinates the query.

> Any idea about above situation  ?
>

> I want to make test via wikipedia also with  million doc..  By the way is there any parser for wikipedia to submit riaksearch ?

Riak Search's `search-cmd` tool can slurp directories of text files for insert into the index. There's more information on the wiki: http://wiki.basho.com/display/RIAK/Riak+Search+-+Indexing

Sean Cribbs <sean at basho.com>
Developer Advocate
Basho Technologies, Inc.