Charles Blair chas at uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 26 12:25:04 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 09:13:17AM -0700, Seth Falcon wrote:
> Perhaps I'm missing something... How about using Erlang's native
> binary term serialization.
>
> B = term_to_binary(Terms),
> % now store B in Riak
>
> % ...
>
> % now get B out and do:
> binary_to_term(B)

Thanks, Seth. That's a fine solution if I'm loading terms into riak from an erlang client. My question, though, is what if I want to use the http interface to do the loading. Since I can load arbitrary data types into riak, it strikes me that, in principle, there might be a way to do this. In practice, though, perhaps there isn't.