erlang client: dropping connections

Charles Blair chas at uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 26 17:33:12 EDT 2010

I have successfully connected an erlang client to a running riak server and gotten some work done, but if the server returns an error response, the connection is dropped. A typical error might result in a message such as

** exception error: no function clause matching [whatever]

Grovelling through the source code, I've tried establishing a connection by using this option:

{ok,Pid} = riakc_pb_socket:start_link({123,456,78,90}, 8087, [{auto_reconnect, true}]).

But that doesn't seem to help. Reconnecting is easy enough, but the problem is annoying. Has anyone else run into this, and is there a fix?

Thanks.