using python client for search

Eric Moritz eric at themoritzfamily.com
Fri Apr 1 09:02:19 EDT 2011

Hi Thomas,

This is beyond my understanding of the internal storage of Riak Search
indexes, but I don't think they're stored in any ordered way.

What I believe is happening under the covers when things are being
indexed is pointers to documents are created under specialized keys.
For instance if the word "automobile" is indexed for the "products"
index, there's an index document stored under something like:
products.automobile that points to the documents that have that value.

I may be completely wrong, but based on what I've read about Riak
Search, I don't believe there is a sort order internally to indexes.