When's the PBC API going to be brought up to snuff?

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at mailrank.com
Tue Apr 5 18:41:16 EDT 2011

Hi, folks -

I'm developing a rather performance-sensitive app against Riak, and while
the PBC API has much better raw performance than the REST API, it is
sufficiently crippled in numerous ways as to be of quite limited use. This
is somewhat frustrating, as notionally simple operations such as a
conditional PUT ("don't put this value if the key is already present") are
tricky to achieve with the PBC API, and slightly more complex operations
("get if modified since I last checked") are impossible. Within what kind of
timeline might we expect the PBC API to become more usable?

Thanks,
Bryan.