Riak and Locks part 2

Eric Moritz eric at themoritzfamily.com
Fri Apr 1 12:41:16 EDT 2011

I suppose you could pair Riak with redis and use redis to create a
shared mutex style lock.  That'll work as long as all the clients
writing to Riak use the mutex.  That's not how Riak handles
concurrency conflicts though.  Riak is made to be available for writes
so conflicts are merged when values are read.  Take a look at this
article to get an idea of how Riak does concurrency control.

http://blog.basho.com/2010/01/29/why-vector-clocks-are-easy/