simple riaksearch mapreduce search input syntax question

Gordon Tillman gtillman at mezeo.com
Sat Apr 2 20:07:22 EDT 2011

Daniel AFAIK the mapreduce endpoint don't support the SOLR query parameters. You need to add a reduce function to slice the results.

--gordon

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 2, 2011, at 6:34 PM, "Daniel Rathbone" <dan.rathbone at gmail.com<mailto:dan.rathbone at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi list,

I've got a simple question of syntax, and I can't find it documented anywhere.  I have a working riaksearch javascript mapreduce call that looks like the following:

{"inputs": {
             "module":"riak_search",
             "function":"mapred_search",
             "arg":["tub-0.3","title:Daniel"]
            },
 "query":[{"map":{"language":"javascript","source":"function(v) { return [v.values[0].data]; }","keep":true}}]
}

I simply want to limit the number of results returned.  I'd like to do this with the 'rows' parameter into search (as opposed to a limit in the map phase).  I've tried adding  a "&rows=10" to my "arg" value after "title:Daniel", but this doesn't work.

What's the solution?